October 20, 2012

QOTD 10/20/12

I'm occasionally going to do a "Quote Of The Day" (QOTD) where I share a quote that I have found, and how it applies to my day, or my life in general.  Without further ado, here is the first QOTD!





"Worrying will never change the outcome."

If you know me well, you probably know I'm a huge worrier.  I worry about everyone and everything that I know of.  I worry about my friends when they're having a hard day, I worry if the dinner I'm making will be done at the right time, I worry about what people think of me, I worry about bugs in the house, I worry about the fact that I don't have enough hangers to hang my clothes up, I worry about my mom and sister when I leave the house... the list is endless.

But I've never really thought about how all my worrying is not going to change what happens in the end.  And it is so true.  If I am worrying all day about how I did on a midterm, yeah I have the right to worry, but it is not going to change what has already been done.

So if you're reading this, come to realize that the more you worry, the more you're just driving yourself crazy.  Nothing is going to change because of your worrying.  I only say this because I am the biggest worrier I know, I feel like I need to cool it on the worrying :)


Much love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment