October 22, 2012

Dresser Top Organization

Since I re-did my bedroom in July, I have finally gotten to the point where I have a specific place for everything on top of my dresser.  The top of my dresser is basically what I use to get ready.  Since my room is pretty small, I do not have room for a vanity or anything of that nature (though I really wish I did).  I typically stand at my dresser and use my vanity mirror to apply my make-up and do my hair.  I keep all my make-up and hair things on top the dresser, or in the top drawer.  Along with my make-up and brushes, I also keep my favorite perfumes and my miniature jewelry armoire on top of my dresser.



----------
The first piece on top of my dresser is my make-up.  I have three main pieces to my make-up collection on my dresser.  First I have the pink drawers, then the brush holder, and my everyday make-up bag.

1. The pink drawer system is just a simple way that I keep my not-so-everyday make-up together but organized.  I keep make-up in here that I use probably just twice a week or so, separated out into the drawers.

2. The brush holder is a simple container that I got in the Target dollar bin, filled with colorfill (those little plastic pieces).  The colorfill allows the brushes to stay standing up and I can easily see each brush.

3. The everyday make-up bag holds just that: my everyday make-up.  It is a cosmetic bag from Victoria's Secret PINK that I got a while ago, but it is nice and large enough to be home to my everyday make-up, and keeps what I use everyday together in one place so I can take it with me quickly if I need to.


-----------
The second part of my dresser is the middle part, which is home to my perfumes, hair care products, and candles.  Basically, this part of the dresser is just as it looks.  I keep my John Frieda Curl Reviving Styling Mousse, John Frieda Dream Curls® Curl-Perfecting Spray, and my favorite hairspray, John Frieda Moisture Barrier Firm-Hold Hair Spray right there on my dresser because I frequently use them when I get out of the shower.  The other thing I keep in the middle of my dresser is my perfumes. I love perfumes.  I could spend all my money on perfume and be happy.  Really there is no specific organization to my perfumes, I just put the taller ones in the back and the shorter ones in the front.  The perfume that I keep on my dresser is not all of my perfumes, but they are my favorites.  I also normally keep some type of a candle (or candles) here as well.


----------
The last piece on my dresser is my miniature jewelry armoire.  I just got this piece when I re-did my bedroom, and I am in love with it.  I keep all my jewelry in it, including rings, earrings, pins, necklaces, and bracelets.








So this is just a look at what is on top of my dresser, and I hope it can maybe help you with organizing a space similar to this! :)

Much love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment