November 04, 2012

Julie's Fall Ball Prep!

So, on Friday I got to help my baby sister get ready for her final Fall Ball at MND (PS I can't believe she is a senior :/).  ANYWHO - I did her hair and (shoutout to) Kaylyn did her make-up.  And basically, I think we did a kick-ass job.  My family is the kind of family where, if you can do something yourself and it will suffice - you don't spend the money to get it done by someone else.  And obviously for this occasion, Julie wasn't about to run out to the nearest salon and drop a bunch of money on a hairstyle for a night, when I could do something that was still very pretty and it was fo free :)  So, on Friday afternoon - Kaylyn and I began to get Jules ready.  We started with her hair - which I first ran a straightener through to make it easier to handle. (If you don't know Julie - her hair is over 2 feet long from root to end and it is normally very curly and frizzy).  

We started by sectioning off a piece in the front to use for the french fishtail braid.  We french fishtail braided it to her ear, and then just fishtailed the rest of that section and secured it with a hairtie.

After that, I pulled the rest of her hair (not including the fishtail braid) into a ponytail where I wanted the center of the masterpiece to be - which happened to the the lower left side of her head.  Then I sectioned it into 4 pieces and braided each one and secured them each with a hairtie.

The next step was taking the braids and making them a little looser and messier.  We did this by pulling the pieces of the braid up and out.  We repeated this process up and down the braid a few times to get it how we wanted it.
BEFORE

 AFTER

After that, I just started picking the braids up and pinning them down.  I pinned them in a circle, but not a perfect one.  Basically just wherever they looked good, I pinned them.  After I had pinned two braids, I added in the fishtail braid, and did the same thing (pinned it where it was hidden and looked good).

And that was basically it!  I gave it some hairspray and called it done!
Onto the make-up.

The make-up wasn't anything too intricate, and it wasn't too bold.  Kaylyn used Urban Decay Primer Potion to prime the eyelids, and then an ELF palette where she used a few silvers/grays to shadow the eyelid.  After that, she applied fake eyelashes and some liquid eyeliner, and finished off with some mascara to blend the natural lashes into the fake lashes.


AND THEN SHE WAS DONE :) AND BEAUTIFUL AND LOOKED LIKE CINDERELLA!




Much love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment