April 23, 2013

Julie's Surprise Party!

Now that April 6th has come and gone, I can breathe again.  I was planning a Surprise Party for my sister's 18th Birthday for a good two months.

Now that it is finally over, I miss planning it.  Julie was so surprised and I was happy that she was surrounded by friends from the dance studio and friends from her school.

First, I planned everything using an Evite online and sending it through Facebook.




The party was Tangled themed, and yes, I mean the Disney princess movie about Rapunzel.  We had the party at our dance studio, so that she would be more surprised.  She was "on her way to dinner" when I asked her to stop by the studio and pick up a sweatshirt that I had left there that morning.

When she walked in, this is what she saw.


We were going for something like this, when Rapunzel gets her hair braided in the movie.  Now, we had yarn, and lots of it, and it was very hard to braid, so we just kinda threw it together, but you get the gist of it.


She followed the huge braid back to a room where we all were hiding with the lights off and when she opened the door, we yelled the traditional "SURPRISEEEE!"



From there, we went back out to the lobby and enjoyed some snacks and drinks, all of course on Tangled napkins, plates, and cups.


After this, we headed in the gym to play Minute to Win It games.  Julie LOVES Minute to Win It (as do I), and I needed something to fill the time.  This seemed like the perfect thing.  Almost all the supplies I found at the dollar store, so that was great too.

Julie playing a game where you had to stack six dice on a popsicle stick you held in your mouth.

Brooke playing a game where you had to get a cookie from your forehead to your mouth by wiggling your face.

After we played the games a few times through, it was time for cake.  We got Julie a darling Tangled cake from Kroger and it was delicious (along with 18 candles for her)!


The party was a huge success and I had a great time planning it and attending it!



Have you ever planned a surprise party?

Much love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment